Saturday, September 6, 2008

brain food


last Friday DC and I walked down the street to the fabulous sushi restaurant in our neighborhood, Wasabi. It is a small, narrow spot, and we were there early, so we had nearly all to ourselves. We are crazy about sushi and for some reason, haven't had it in months. We always get seaweed salad, which is awesome brain-stimulating food that gives you crazy dreams. Then it's on to our recent favorites, amaebi, which is a whole shrimp head, tentacles, eyes, brains and all, flash fried. It's crazy crunchy, with some sweetness to it. We also love tobiko (fish eggs) with a little quail egg on top. For some reason that always makes me think of Dr. Seuss - I guess it's the "green eggs". I could eat tobiko + quail every day. We get a roll I think is called Bulls Eye, and assorted nigiri. We left supersatisfied, and just strolled on home.

If you love sushi, you must go to Wasabi. Sit at the bar. Enjoy.

No comments: