Sunday, April 6, 2008

will eat for world peace



when i went through my teacher training at Peachtree Yoga, we students spent a lot of long lunches at various veggie-friendly establishments around Sandy Springs. one of my favorites is the World Peace Cafe, located at 220 Hammond Drive NE
Suite 302, City Walk, Sandy Springs. It is volunteer-run by the Rameshori Buddhist Center, so the chance that a Buddhist monk dining nearby is high. The cafe is light-filled and has some beautiful large-scale murals, and the vibe is happy and relaxing.

I think the Peace Burger is delicious. I'd love the recipe - apparently it involves grains and veggies. I like to have the Peace Burger salad, which is a lovely mixed-green salad with a burger on top - best of both worlds. To warsh it all down, (east-coast spelling intentional) my favorite options are either 1. a mock mint julep - so summery refreshing yum, or 2. Velvet tea, which is perfect if it's chilly or rainy. The Velvet tea is made by The Art of Tea, a luxury tea outfit from California, and has chocolate or cocoa nibs in it, and is truly plush, organic, and caffeine free. the menu is much more extensive, but i tend to find a favorite and stick with it. i recommend sitting upstairs - if you haven't been yet, do check it out soon.

1 comment:

Beulah said...

I have been recommending a book called "My Stroke of Insight - a Brain Scientist's Personal Journey" by Jill Bolte Taylor and also a TEDTalk Dr. Taylor gave on the TED dot com site. And you don't have to take my word for it - Dr. Taylor was named Time Magazine 100 Most Influential People, the New York Times wrote about her and her book is a NYTimes Bestseller), and Oprah did not 4 interviews with her.