Monday, July 21, 2008

recycle, cut + sew

when i'm not teaching/doing yoga, i'm usually creating and making stuff. In 2004, on a whim, I started a business called teddylux cashmere, based on teddy bears I was making from recycled cashmere sweaters. I sell online and locally around Atlanta. In 2006 I shot an episode of the HGTV show "That's Clever", showing how I make a bear. It aired in 2007. In 2007 I was commissioned to create a custom cashmere polar bear for the Coca Cola Museum store in Atlanta. In 2008 I added a line of recycled cashmere headbands, glitzed with vintage rhinestones and reworked costume jewelry. This spring I changed the bear shape to the cuties you see here, and added elephants and bunnies to the mix.

Everything I make at teddylux cashmere is recycled, one-of-a-kind, and earth friendly. I have always been so fortunate to have a core group of customers who value handmade gifts. If you are looking for a unique gift for a new baby, child, or girlfriend, please take a look at teddylux!

No comments: