Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ready for a change?

just read a book this weekend: Changing Your Course: The 5-step Guide to Getting the Life You Want, by Bob and Melinda Blanchard. Recently I know many people, unemployed or underemployed, or just disillusioned with their chosen career path, and are exploring new options for a more fulfilling life. The Blanchards have successfully launched several small companies, always aligned with their passions and reflecting their priorities in life. This book is a quick read and contains practical motivation for pursuing your passion.

I'd like to share their 10 powerful promises to make to yourself every day:

1. i will do something i care about today, even if it's just for a short period of time.

2. i will be enthusiastic and full of energy.

3. i will find something i can do today to bring me closer to my goal.

4. i will follow my dream, no matter what. i will not let anyone discourage me.

5. i will accept what i cannot change.

6. i will make someone smile unexpectedly today.

7. i will make myself smile today.

8. i will give everything i do my best effort.

9. i will trust my instincts and follow my heart.

10. i will live what i love.

the book is available at booksellers anywhere, also check out the dynamic duo's website at livewhatyoulove.com

No comments: